The HOMEFINDER.COM AGENT MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES
Presented by The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
No Purchase Necessary.
HOMEFINDER.COM AGENT MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES (the "Sweepstakes") is presented by The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. ("Presenter"). The "Sponsor" is HomeFinder.com, LLC, 20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606. The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. is the Sweepstakes promoting organization only and is not responsible for the conduct, administration or prize fulfillment of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Presenter are referred to as the "Sweepstakes Entities." Facebook.com is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on May 12, 2014 at 11:00:00 AM (CT) and ends on August 15, 2014 at 7:00:00 PM (CT) ("Promotion Period"). All entries must be received by or before the end of the Promotion Period and in accordance with these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) continental United States and District of Columbia (residents of Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible to participate) who are at the time of awarding the Prize (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older; (ii) a real estate agent and/or broker duly licensed or similarly legally permitted to represent buyers and/or sellers in residential real estate sales/purchase transactions; and (iii) not otherwise ineligible under these Official Rules ("Eligible Entrant"). Entries attempted by anyone other than an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor, Presenter, and their respective parent companies (including, without limitation, Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), affiliates (including, without limitation, Classified Ventures, LLC), subsidiaries (including, without limitation PNC Bank, National Association ("PNC") and PNC Mortgage, a division of PNC), advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Additional Eligibility requirements are outlined below.
- TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter. Entrants can enter through one (1) of the below entry methods:
- HOMEFINDER.COM ENTRY: Eligible Entrants may go to AgentMakeover.HomeFinder.com and then follow the instructions on the promotional website to enter the Sweepstakes. Online entries must be completed by August 15, 2014 at 7:00:00 PM (CT).
- FACEBOOK ENTRY: Eligible Entrants may go to https://www.facebook.com/homefinderdotcom and then follow the instructions on the promotional application to enter the Sweepstakes. Facebook entries must be completed by August 15, 2014 at 7:00:00 PM (CT).
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry and up to four (4) bonus entries per person during sweepstakes period. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- RECEIPT OF ENTRIES. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when the Sponsor's (or its agent's) system records the entry information. Every entry submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. The Sweepstakes Entities, as well as their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the telephone lines, Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including (without limitation) infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause which may impact the administration of this Sweepstakes or its integrity, security, or fairness, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, and to award all Prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor, if feasible. No mechanically reproduced, altered, forged or facsimile entries will be accepted. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws; and should such an attempt be made the Sweepstakes Entities jointly and severally reserve the right to seek all legal remedies to the fullest extent of the law.
- RESTRICTIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entry is free. Eligible Entrants may enter only in accordance with these Official Rules. All entries are the property of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to or error in the mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of any Eligible Entrant that may impact receipt of notice regarding the Sweepstakes. Entries will be valid only when completed by an Eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules
PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS/GUESTS.
- There will be a total of five (5) winners (each a "Prize Winner"). Each Prize Winner will receive the following (each a "Prize"): airfare and accommodations for one (1) to Chicago, Illinois on or about September 10 through September 12, 2014. The Prize includes: (a) round trip coach airfare for one to Chicago, Illinois, from a major metropolitan airport of Sponsor's choice; and transportation to/from Airport as arranged at Sponsor's discretion; (b) hotel accommodations as arranged at Sponsor's discretion in Chicago, Illinois for the nights of September 10 and September 11, 2014; (c) makeover, spa and shopping appointments; and (d) a cash prize in the amount of $1000.00 (one-thousand dollars). The Prize does not include any gratuities, service charges, or any other expenses or items not specifically described in these rules. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $3000 (three thousand dollars). ARV of all Prizes is $15,000.00 (fifteen thousand dollars). All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner; and all Prize Winners will receive a 1099 tax form for the value of their Prize. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Each Prize Winner must be available for promotional appearances or attend specific events (scheduled stylist, spa, shopping, training, dining and photo shoot appointments) on or about September 10, 11 and 12, 2014. Such appearances or events shall be on specific dates selected by Sponsor (final itinerary to be provided by Sponsor to final Prize Winners), at Sponsor's cost and in accordance with Sponsor's expense policies. In the event a Prize Winner cannot attend a promotional appearance or specific event, he/she may be disqualified. Promotional appearances and specific events are in Sponsor's discretion and are a condition for eligibility and not part of any Prize.
- All travel must be completed on dates, times and to/from airports designated and/or approved by Sponsor. Each Prize Winner must have valid identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Any item or expense incurred in connection with promotional appearances not specified above is the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES/SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS.
On or about August 19, 2014, potential Prize Winners will be randomly drawn from among all Eligible Entrants. Five (5) alternate Potential Winners will then be drawn.
AWARDING OF PRIZES/VERIFICATION OF WINNERS.
Potential Winners will be notified in person, by phone, by mail, and/or by email at Sponsor's discretion. Actual awarding of all Prizes is contingent on verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules and requirements. Potential Prize Winners must each execute and return within five (5) business days after the first notification attempt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release (individually and collectively, the "Release(s)"), and such other documentation as Sweepstakes Entities shall reasonably request to confirm eligibility. A fax transmission or scan of a Potential Winner's Release may be requested and any such version will have the same force and effect as the original document. Except where prohibited, each Publicity Release shall grant each of the Sweepstakes Entities the right to print, publish, broadcast and use for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by either of the Sweepstakes Entities, in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at http://www.homefinder.com and http://www.facebook.com) the Potential Winner's name, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation. Except where prohibited: (a) refusal or failure of any Potential Winner to sign the required Releases and/or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and at Sponsor's discretion an alternate winner may be selected; and (b) no Prize shall be awarded until such time as Sponsor has received the applicable fully-completed Release(s). Any portion of a Prize not accepted or used will be forfeited. No substitution or transfer of any Prize is permitted except at Sponsor's sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if Prize notification or Prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, if entrant is found to be ineligible, if Potential Winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if any Prize is otherwise unclaimed, Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential Winners do not become Prize Winners unless and until notified in writing by Sponsor that Prize has been awarded to them.
All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of any Prize, agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their parent companies (Tribune Co., Gannett Co., Inc., and McClatchy, Inc.), subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotional agencies, and their respective employees and agents from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages, or losses, including but not limited to personal injury or death, to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating or attempting to participate in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; or for the awarding, receipt, possession, or use, or misuse of any Prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any Prize-related activity; and/or for any typographical or other error in these rules or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their respective Prizes after delivery. Winners acknowledge that none of the Sweepstakes Entities, nor their parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers or agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering or announcement of Prizes. Headings of sections in these Official Rules are for convenience only and shall have no interpretive effect.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION.
Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes or a Prize awarded by this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (a) this Sweepstakes, (b) the awarding or redemption of any Prize, (c) participation in any Prize-related activities; and/or (d) the determination of the scope of applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and by final and binding dispute resolution under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and further that any dispute resolution proceeding will take place in Chicago, Illinois. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, others than out-of-pocket expenses, and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
For names of Prize Winners, send a self-addressed envelope postmarked by October 1, 2014 to: HOMEFINDER.COM AGENT MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES - Winner's List, HomeFinder.com, 20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606. Winner's list to be available after September 1, 2014.